Friday 9/1 Taming of the Shrewsbury

Friday morning was a bit brutal for me. I awoke tired. Actually beyond tired. Possibly jet lag? Not sure, but tired all the same. I went down stairs and had the customary Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Maybe the 90,000th of my lifetime. 

After breakfast I returned to the room to pack up. Sherri wasnt moving very fast either. We left the hotel and headed down to Shrewsbury's city centre. Parking in city centers is always a challenge. We first parked in front of a business that required payment at a kiosk and limited your time to an hour. Later I moved the car to a parking lot 100 yards away that let you pay and stay all day. The streets are exactly as you would imagine a modern, medieval town to be. Loaded with shops on the first level and amazing old wood frames on top. An interesting mix of modern and medieval. Sherri and I went our separate directions. She to shop and I explored the streets and alleys. I could have spent more time walking the city, but time and energy ran out. 


Sherri and I met up in front of the building in the last picture. I didn't take the picture for that reason. Just now noticed it happened to that corner. We walked to the car and left for Stafford. This was a last minute decision. We were looking for a place we could stay over the weekend and Stafford looked interesting and convenient. Only 38 miles from Shrewsbury took a mere hour and fifteen minutes. 

We have checked into The Swan Hotel for the weekend. The hotel is over 300 years old and the mattresses just under 100. Sherri and I explored a little, had dinner then back to the room for some rest. 


I hope everyone has a nice weekend and enjoys their extra day off. If you happen to run into Oscar, give him a hug from Sherri and I. 

Comments