Friday 9/8 Final day in London, Hampton Court

I am in the Atlanta airport finishing up my blog for this trip. A bit tired so not responsible for any grammatical errors. Sherri and I checked out of the apartment at 10:30 and Ubered to the Holiday Inn next to Heathrow airport. After checking in, we once again used Uber, due to the rain, to have lunch at our favorite Pub. Its only a few blocks from the hotel. Lunch finished, we walked to the closest bus stop and caught the 285 to Hampton Court. 


Hampton Court was impressive. Dating back nearly 500 years, it was certainly built to impress and intimidate. You never know who you will see roaming the halls. 


We spent several hours walking through different chambers, great halls, kitchens and gardens. This was only a small section of the palace. The place was enormous. 


Note the following pictures. The walls are decorated with muskets. They are all authentic and date back 300 years. Made specifically for this room. This is the first room that you would come to if you were coming to court in hopes to see the king or one of his lackeys. 

All guns were working models that have never been fired. 

By the time we got to the gardens, we were walked out. 

 

We reversed out tracks by catching the bus back to the hotel. Sherri and I had a great time driving and visiting different cities, towns and villages. We are back in the states and waiting on our next flight to Springfield. 

We will be home soon Oscar. 




Comments

  1. Hey Eric! Just got a chance to read / view your full blog of your recent trip. Have never been to England. You brought it all to life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I am happy you enjoyed the blog. I enjoy writing them. If you like history and very old stuff, England is a must.

      Delete

Post a Comment